Monday, February 25, 2019

Review: Role Models

Role Models Role Models by John Waters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Entertaining, educating, revealing and unfettered, this constellation of role models from Waters is littered with casual references to other oddball books to seek out, such as Holy Anorexia. Waters lists outsiders artists, Baltimore underworld luminaries, criminals, and quirky personalities as he tells us about what gets his attention along with how me maintains his pencil moustache, plans to be buried, etc. Some stand out pieces include meetings with his idols, including Johnny Mathis and Little Richard (referencing The Life And Times Of Little Richard).

As an aside, Waters narrates this audio edition himself, but the level is a tad too low which caused me to greatly raising the volume resulting in distortion...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews