Saturday, November 24, 2018

Review: Under Fire: Reporting from the Front Lines of the Trump White House

Under Fire: Reporting from the Front Lines of the Trump White House Under Fire: Reporting from the Front Lines of the Trump White House by April Ryan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another entry in the Trump bookshelf. Here, a reporter's 15 Minutes and becoming the story comes from asking Donald J. if he is a racist. Mostly, the reporter's memoir is about a running Cold War with the apparently duplicitous chameleon Omarosa Manigault. So now I have to read that side in Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House.

More of an aside, it seems this African-American is writing her own "dog whistles". Maybe I am too white, but I need help understanding why Black History Month, referred to as a "African-American History Month" at least sometimes by Reagan and Obama, is problematic when referred to as a "African-American History Month" by Trump. Ryan does go this extra distance to help me understand more about the history and role of Historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and the rocky initial meeting between HBCU leaders and Trump.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...