Monday, November 5, 2018

Review: Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia

Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia by Carmen Bin Ladin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Carmen married a Bin Laden - brother to Osama. I am not sure how much "inside" the kingdom this is. However, it is inside the marriage of a non-Saudi to a prominent Saudi and living some years in The Kingdom. Carmen covers being veiled, the harem-like existence of breeder wives for the distracted oligarchy, and day to day existence in a sort of gilded cage where you can't really run your house (can't interact with male workers, etc) or even socialize and explore.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...