Saturday, July 21, 2018

Review: Weird Math: A Teenage Genius and His Teacher Reveal the Strange Connections Between Math and Everyday Life

Weird Math: A Teenage Genius and His Teacher Reveal the Strange Connections Between Math and Everyday Life Weird Math: A Teenage Genius and His Teacher Reveal the Strange Connections Between Math and Everyday Life by David Darling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A quarter century ago, writers such as Martin Gardner and Clifford A. Pickover so excited my interest in the mathematical -- especially the speculatively mathematical -- that their works fueled me though undergraduate and graduate studies. I am pleased to see these two authors continue in the tradition of telegraphing excitement to lay readers and embracing deviations from the norm: “A teenage genius and his teacher take readers on a wild ride to the extremes of mathematics.” ...

[Look for my entire review at MAA Reviews]

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...