Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics

Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics by Charles Krauthammer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Krauthammer was one of the less strident and more considered voices on Fox News, etc. from back when I had cable. (Don't miss it.) When I heard of his passing this year, I decided to read this collection. The collection of columns and speeches feels a bit thrown together and lacking in coherence. However, reading of his love of chess and The Nationals baseball teams as well as the prominent persons he chose to eulogize added depth to his person and about made it worth it reading through the more dated opinions about W., Obama, etc.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...