Thursday, February 25, 2016

Review: The Last of the Mountain Men

The Last of the Mountain Men The Last of the Mountain Men by Harold Peterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I read this book in 1994, the plucky and somewhat dismissive semi-hermit recalled to me Walden and its author Henry David Thoreau. Like Thoreau, this man had to make it town for supplies, etc. occasionally. However, for this living anachronism it was a rocky trek, not the "stroll" it was for Thoreau. Like a connection to the Transcendentalist Movement, this man was proud of his self-sufficiency and the study in solitude and self-reliance compelled me to gift it to the only like-minded person I knew: Ernest Mann:



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...