Sunday, January 24, 2016

Review: The Eden Express

The Eden Express The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of my favorite biographies; an era, a family, a unique life!

The book charted Mark's descent into schizophrenia. He was twice committed by his father. During this time of his breakdowns he was living in a hippie commune he helped found. While it is not the total point of the book, Mark does see some benefit in his internment in returning him to sanity. He even goes through a few paragraphs attacking some negative misconceptions on shock therapy, which he apparently views indifferently.


This really puts a different spin on Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and makes him one of the many artists where I separate my love for the art from any appreciation for the man!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...