Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: Diary Of A Punk


Diary Of A Punk
Diary Of A Punk by Mike Hudson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Hudson, a seasoned newspaper writer tells his story of life in Cleveland punk band Pagans directly and succinctly. At times the prose reminds me of blunt descriptions by [a:Henry Miller|147|Henry Miller|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1402753635p2/147.jpg] and at its best, the way [a:Tosches Nick|2720810|Tosches Nick|https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/user/u_50x66-a7c55399ea455530473b9f9e4da94c40.png] would tell it. Mike is not trying to impress with his craft, or even the extremities of his life: noise and vodka. Hudson look back on the tracks and the wreckage and summarizes what to me is rather sad: obviously reliving the joys in sorrows, he writes such presence of people he despised while living music, like more pretentious artists, but those bitter notes are not covered by a love for music at the end as attests to not even wanting a device to play recorded music.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: King Lear

King Lear by William Shakespeare My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews