Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: Fugitive Poetry


Fugitive Poetry
Fugitive Poetry by Nathaniel Parker Willis

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Years ago there was a band local to me, called Fugitive Poetry. I have their vinyl LP The Colours of the Poet. I played two of the songs I like the most on my show.

I figured their name was inspired by this book, and I like to read works that have inspired band, album, and song names.

The poetry is long is lines and light on rhymes and rhythm. There are pastoral poems, odes to God and beautiful mortals. If anything, there is an aching, yearning fairly consistent throughout about better lives and a more beautiful world as if glimpsed from a prison, or hoped for in an afterlife.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...