Monday, April 28, 2014

Review: I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban


I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is a tale of heroic resolve, ably narrated by the plucky and articulate author. Ever since hearing her tale, I have been impressed with her courageous blogging and hope in the powers of education and I learn from this book she is as hopeful of communication, wanting to speak with and not punish her Taliban oppressors. The biggest thing I learned from this book is that with Malala, the apple did not fall far from the tree. Her father is the inspiring, education activist that gave her the beliefs and hopes that both support her and have endangered here in Pakistan's Swat Valley.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...