Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Time: Poincare Seminar 2010


Time: Poincare Seminar 2010
Time: Poincare Seminar 2010 by Bertrand Duplantier

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The eleventh volume in proceedings from the PoincarĂ© Seminars explores perspectives on time, specifically its directionality. The authors here explore the universe’s time-asymmetry through five articles. Contributing is Fields medalist CĂ©dric Villani, theoretical physicists Thibault Damour and Christopher Jarzynski, experimentalist Christophe Salomon, and philosopher of science Huw Price. There is a concluding, one-page whimsical musing by Catherine de Mitry on a mythic Time in self-reflection...

[Look for my full review up at MAA Reviews]





View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews