Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review: Basic Partial Differential Equations


Basic Partial Differential Equations
Basic Partial Differential Equations by David Bleecker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



... The tight integration of the material show the work and effort the authors put in to creating this PDEs text. I have always felt the first PDEs text for a student should challenge the student’s earlier calculus text in size. This is an excellent text for a student’s first deep dive into this important, fundamental topic. It has the breadth and heft covering basic and advanced topics in the subject. It is unusual in my experience to see a work of this scope assigned as a university text for PDEs, so I advise the wise to consider this as a supplement.

See my full review up at MathDL Reviews.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...