Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review: Elvis: What Happened?


Elvis: What Happened?
Elvis: What Happened? by Steve Dunleavy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is my second or third time reading this book and I still enjoy this revealing American tragedy told from the inside by three of E's bodyguards that knew him and worked him for many years. In some cases, the relationship goes back to high school. Those early days are alluded to in the book, but this work was published after Elvis let Sonny & Red West go and in the early 70s when he was in decline yet still alive. More of the book's content is losing Priscilla to Mike Stone and the drug excesses largely during a time when Elvis was more movie star than performer.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...