Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir


In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir
In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir by Dick Cheney

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The narrarator Edward Herrmann is very good and always sounds like John Lithgow, to me.

Anyway, love him or hate him, Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney was part of national government during several pivotal times: from post-Cold War tensions with North Korea, etc., the first Gulf War to 9/11 and its aftermath. Cheney admits to witnessing and being involved in the occasional government misstep, but there is really no serious self-evaluation here. I was surprised at the negative comments on Powell, Rice and even "W", though. (Cheney feels strongly that Bush should havae pardoned Scooter Libby, and I can see his point.)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...