Sunday, July 3, 2022

Review: The Beatles: The Biography

The Beatles: The Biography The Beatles: The Biography by Bob Spitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From my 2007 interview with Pat Kearns of Blue Skies For Black Hearts:

So, before I forget, when I was talking to your publicist , I happened to be in the middle of reading a John Lennon biography. We were talking about books and reading, and she said, I had to mention that when I spoke to you.

PK: That's awesome. Which one?

I think his name was… by, uh Spitz? It was a biography of The Beatles and then I had just read the biography by Cynthia Lennon by a guy named Spitz and I'd read them back-to-back. So, they had in common two different views, sometimes contradictory of John Lennon.

PK: Yeah, he's a complex individual. I like them a lot though. I mean, I like all the Beatles. You know, John and George as far as the songwriter. Well, I like Paul’s stuff. I don't know. I can't make a favorite. But yeah, I mean, they definitely rubbed off on me, big time. I think Lennon is such an interesting fella. So many contradictions, so much passion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews