Friday, June 7, 2019

Review: Free: The Future of a Radical Price

Free: The Future of a Radical Price Free: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel we may be decades away from truly realizing the economic changes caused by digitization changes the way music other media as well as software, games, etc. are distributed and marketed. Even though this book is a decade old, I feel it is still insightful how Anderson from his vantage as Editor-in-Chief of Wired magazine, a position he took in 2001, sees the history and landscape. Obviously billions are being made on free (Google, etc.) and billions lost (newspapers, artists and record labels). Anderson explores the disruption, paths forward, and the psychology of the consumer confronted with these new realities.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...