Saturday, May 25, 2019

Review: I Only Know Who I Am When I Am Somebody Else: My Life on the Street, On the Stage, and in the Movies

I Only Know Who I Am When I Am Somebody Else: My Life on the Street, On the Stage, and in the Movies I Only Know Who I Am When I Am Somebody Else: My Life on the Street, On the Stage, and in the Movies by Danny Aiello
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a great autobiography of Aiello's journey from bouncer and petty crook to making a successful foray into acting on stage and then screen in his late 30s. Aiello reflects back on filming and working with people from Woody Allen to Lauren Bacall while his rather conservative, reserved views and opinions meet the Hollywood world and he not always succeeds in keeping an explosive temper under wraps.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...