Friday, March 8, 2019

Review: Krieg dem Kriege! Guerre à la Guerre! War against War! Oorlog aan den Oorlog!

Krieg dem Kriege! Guerre à la Guerre! War against War! Oorlog aan den Oorlog! Krieg dem Kriege! Guerre à la Guerre! War against War! Oorlog aan den Oorlog! by Ernst Friedrich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This indictment on war is a radicalist pacifist's attack on militarism based largely on WW I photographs. The material, mostly visual, is basically three acts: I don't start children off with war games, II photographs of the horrors of war often contrasted with morale-boosting shots, and III the ravages left behind in mutilated faces and full cemeteries.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...