Saturday, October 28, 2017

Review: Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had sort of avoided this because I am more interested in Lincoln biographies and Civil War history than-what I thought this was-a cabinet (political) history. It really is the former; Lincoln's life and ideology and the story of the events leading to the Civil War and its arc. The ideological path leading to an anti-Slavery conflict and the Emancipation Proclamation make me want to learn a political history of the Confederacy, too. Is there one?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...