Sunday, October 22, 2017

Review: Compulsion

Compulsion Compulsion by Meyer Levin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had to prompts to finally read this novelization of the Leopold and Loeb murder. I recently enjoyed again the Orson Welles depiction of Clarence Darrow in the Compulsion film. Then, I found an inscribed copy of the same hardcover edition. So, I will read the un-unscribed one and then put it in a Little Free Library.

I really enjoyed this telling, which I am sure comes very close to the truth, at least how it was perceived at the time since Levin as a young reporter was assigned to cover the trial and uses many direct quotes from testimony, etc.

Along with Caril, this also really undermines any support I have for the death penalty.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...