Monday, February 6, 2017

Review: The White House Doctor: My Patients Were Presidents - A Memoir

The White House Doctor: My Patients Were Presidents - A Memoir The White House Doctor: My Patients Were Presidents - A Memoir by Connie Mariano
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A fascinating look at serving as White House doctor from Bush I through the two Clinton terms. She brings insight from her personal and familial navy/steward roots and Filipino perspective. This autobiography has a bit of a Horatio Alger arc as well as a revealing look at Secret Service attitudes, training and responsibilities; drawing blood for the Lewinsky scandal; a network of informal staff Filipino "spies"; and rising to admiral.

Well done!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...