Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review: Delusions of Grandma

Delusions of Grandma Delusions of Grandma by Carrie Fisher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I first picked this up, I thought it was autobiographical and would be hilarious, like Wishful Drinking. I didn't know that I would read it once I realized it was a novel, so there is sat. Her recent, unfortunate passing prompted me to read it. It is funny, that does not surprise me. More impressive to me is that it is bold and daring - bringing in AIDS, senility, failed relationships, and the decision to handle an unexpected pregnancy... All of this springs from the hectic life of a career (script doctor) woman working through the dating scene. I recommend it to those that enjoy The Actual One: How I Tried, and Failed, to Avoid Adulthood Forever.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...