Saturday, February 21, 2015

Review: Napoleon's Army in Russia: The Illustrated Memoirs of Albrecht Adam - 1812


Napoleon's Army in Russia: The Illustrated Memoirs of Albrecht Adam - 1812
Napoleon's Army in Russia: The Illustrated Memoirs of Albrecht Adam - 1812 by Jonathan North

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is a moving and compelling collection of text and illustrations from one of the most fascination large-scale human endeavours to me: Napoleon's ill-fated invasion of Russia. This much more made the event and its conglomeration of people stretched over miles and countries much like the Crusades of earlier centuries. I found this work a much more compelling depiction than [b:War and Peace|656|War and Peace|Leo Tolstoy|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1413215930s/656.jpg|4912783].



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...