Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: The Snow Queen


The Snow Queen
The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



[a:Julia Whelan|2939944|Julia Whelan|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1357878897p2/2939944.jpg] does fantastic job narrating this Xmas lagniappe from Audible. I am not interested in the loose basis for Frozen, but I did take a bite for free, here. I was surprised how imaginative and modern the story felt with parallel, overlapping story lines, grotesque demons and magnified evil visions; as if it were a collaborative screen play from Guillermo del Toro and Tarantino.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...