Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: Brave New World


Brave New World
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Reading this again for the third time in my life, it strikes me much differently that it did when I read it as a tween and then in my 20s. I am no longer titillated by freemartins and soma and find the attacks on consumerism the most seditious of this work. I happened to be a in a periodic love affair with the writing of Shakespeare, so it strikes me deeply that The Bard's verses can be the spark of enlightenment as literature has proved a convincing ploy for in recent post-apocalyptic movies like "Oblivion" and "Book of Eli" and other works. This classic certainly goes on any list of the Great Books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...