Saturday, May 3, 2014

Review: 13 Things That Don't Make Sense: The Most Baffling Scientific Mysteries of Our Time


13 Things That Don't Make Sense: The Most Baffling Scientific Mysteries of Our Time
13 Things That Don't Make Sense: The Most Baffling Scientific Mysteries of Our Time by Michael Brooks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really liked this overview of mysteries in physics and medicine. Particularly interesting was an overview of The Pioneer anomaly along with research on the placebo effect, counterexamples to the certainty of death (such as Blanding's_turtle), and homoeopathy. I particularly appreciated the author's exploration of placebos and homoeopaths with arguments for and against, such as the weak foundation of a meta-analysis of placebo studies.,



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...