Monday, December 23, 2019

Review: Nothing's Sacred

Nothing's Sacred Nothing's Sacred by Lewis Black
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The "bonus material added" is largely a play written by Black at the start of his career. I think he is a better comedian than playwright, as I am sure he would agree. This is basically a memoir of growing up in the turbulent '60s, becoming disillusioned with government, college, drama, and well ... becoming Lewis Black as we know him. We basically know him for trademark, sputtering apoplectic fits of incoherent rage at the inanities of life and society. Here tapping away on the tour bus he is calmer and more collected and we have greater insight into this unique view and what made him.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...