Saturday, January 12, 2019

Review: Deviant: The Shocking True Story of Ed Gein, the Original "Psycho"

Deviant: The Shocking True Story of Ed Gein, the Original Deviant: The Shocking True Story of Ed Gein, the Original "Psycho" by Harold Schechter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the paperback in the 90s, shortly after it came out. I still think this a true crime classic and a picture of an exceptional individual. Exceptionally insane? Ghoulish? Devious? One thing that sticks out to me on this reading is how many of Gein's neighbors, etc. felt his insanity was a pose and that he succeeded in elevating his comfort level and stand of living by using his crimes to move out of a decrepit farmhouse where he dwelled alone to an engaging state institution.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...