Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Review: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Narrator Scarlett Johansson does an excellent job narrating this classic. This is something that always bothered me: all this "eat me", "drink me", exploring underground passages. Is this really implicit advice for children? I guess few fairy tales really hold up as solid morality. I commend Carroll for creating an entry in that hallowed canon. I really like the quicky poems the most, then the characters themselves and their vignettes poling fun a the the adult world of caucuses, etc. ... not so much the loose adventure tale as a clothesline to hold it all together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...