Monday, December 24, 2018

Review: One Man in His Time

One Man in His Time One Man in His Time by Hans Post
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From my 2009 interview with Hans Post:

All in all, it took me twenty-five years to put all the skeletons I had assembled into cupboards and they will strike still now sometimes to come out of them. It was no help by anybody. The Germans didn't want to know of anybody who was in the SS or was a Nazi because they all denied that they were responsible for what they did. And I must say it the only thing was that up until of Lydia joining me is and I actually had in 1956 or ‘57 a complete nervous breakdown. So, it's the only help which otherwise was there I provided myself by trying to search for some meaning of life and one of the books which I studied very much and it had a lot to prove this mensch I have become now was Dr. Wilhelm Reich, the Jewish-Austrian psychiatrist who's books were burnt in 1945 in the New York's incinerator. It all repeats itself again and again.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...