Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Review: Spix’s Macaw: The Race to Save the World’s Rarest Bird

Spix’s Macaw: The Race to Save the World’s Rarest Bird Spix’s Macaw: The Race to Save the World’s Rarest Bird by Tony Juniper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I came to this book interested about the mother-son smuggling ring I read that was arrested in connection with this and other rare fauna. However, I was really drawn into the book's larger, two-century tale of the discovery, decline and effective extinction of a beautiful and rare creature. It is amazing the detail unearthed on individual birds and individuals heroes and criminals.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...