Sunday, April 16, 2017

Review: Anthony Adverse

Anthony Adverse Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book so impressed me in my early 20s that I was consumed with it for several weeks, really. The sweep of time (generations, decades) and global scope (continents) impressed the heck out of me. This historical adventure including the Spanish colonies of America during the time of Napoleon struck me as wildly exotic. I was so awed that I wrote - by in hand in pen in a spiral notebook - my own epic twin-based novel called "Castor and Pollux" and completely blew past the requirements in my community college creative writing course.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...