Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review: Little Women

Little Women Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My next music plan is the "Little Women" opera at MOT. I like the idea of having Christina Ricci narrate the Alcott novel to me in an audio book.

While I appreciate the scope and accomplishment of the story of four "little women" from girlhood to adulthood (well, three of them, at least) with the ever-present mother hen. However, I found it tedious treacle - a moralistic and sentimental 19th Century novel of the type I really don't like.

The opera's been staged for like 20 years, I hope it's good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...