Monday, March 13, 2017

Review: The Last Lecture

The Last Lecture The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

With only months to live from terminal cancer, the author distill's life's lessons into a final lecture / presentation and this book. Much about that is meritorious and must still be appreciated by family, friends, and hordes of readers. That being said, I find no great insight here in the fortune cookie philosophy and the must useful advice is office etiquette which doesn't really compete with other business efficiency books. I am sure many would be irked by my dismissing this in that way. Still, this can be a great guidebook for someone terminally ill, and with a family. I hope I never need it for that or have occasion to buy it as a practical gift. For wisdom gleaned from meeting Death, I recommend Man's Search for Meaning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...