Friday, December 9, 2016

Review: The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific

The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific by J. Maarten Troost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Uproariously funny memoir of life in remote Kiribati in the Gilbert Islands. This title is prominent on CNN's 15 funniest travel books ever written (in English) and deserves the attention. For a while my wife lived in St. Kitts attending school and with that experience of visiting there often I can relate to the oppressive heart, lack of creature comforts, and prevalence of pestilential creatures - though, of course, not to the extent suffered by Troost on the remote island of Tarawa.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...