Sunday, December 11, 2016

Review: Killing Pablo

Killing Pablo Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this years ago in the dead trees edition. Then, I heard about this Pablo movie Escobar: Paradise Lost and thought I'd watch it on some streaming media. I did that, "meh" about the movie but in prepping for the movie (which I expected to be more fact-based), I decided to take on the audiobook edition, which is still a great tale of rise and assassination. His immense wealth, power, and lethal sway still impresses. What didn't impress was Bowden narrating his own book: "meh", he should have gotten a pro. Like, maybe pro American snipers took out Pablo, or maybe the accurately placed show was a coup de grĂ¢ce, who knows?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...