Sunday, September 14, 2014

Review: Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises


Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises
Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises by Timothy F. Geithner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed this book from Geithner. I found his honest, self-deprecating and reflective manner refreshing in books I have read on our many years of financial crises. Geithner had a ringside seat to many such crises in his years in public service: Asia, Japan, Mexico, etc. before becoming embroiled in the birthing of TARP onto a ringside seat for the throes of the PIIGS. I feel about done with book son this subject: the complexity our financial system and the political heave-hos are starting to bore me.

My reading has summed up this way for me: The American financial crises spanned multiple presidencies of both parties and the system, basically, worked avoiding something like the Great Depression despite corruptive greed and senseless risk taking.

A minor part in this book is candid glances into the Obama Whitehouse, like that Obama like Five Guys but Geithner who has been in a bubble of pulbic service doesn't know for that burger joint, or eve the honey badger meme.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...