Friday, January 3, 2014

Review: We the Living


We the Living
We the Living by Ayn Rand

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Die Bajadere, an operetta in 3 acts composed by Hungarian composer Emmerich Kalman, features in the romantic notions and inclinations of tragic heroine Kira and now I'd like to hear that operetta. There is a lot of tragedy herein with two overlapping lover triangles off lives collapsing during the rise of a Communist police state in post-WW I Russia. Rand says it is the closest she'll ever come to an autobiography, so I wanted to read it and enjoyed the re-creation of this pivotal and dramatic time in Russia's history.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...