Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Books


Books
Books by McMurty, Larry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



It's funny that I took this in as an audiobook, as it is a format McMurtry (not "McMurty") largely declaims in the final, whistful portion of this book. During this part, he also questions if reading itself will exist in the future while consigning second-hand book sales to the dust heap. He doesn't talk much about his own writing which is fine with me, as I was never drawn to it and found his one non-fiction title that I have read rather meh: [b:Oh What a Slaughter: Massacres in the American West: 1846--1890|54809|Oh What a Slaughter Massacres in the American West 1846--1890|Larry McMurtry|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347414087s/54809.jpg|1861689]. However, while we may also disagree with the value of his son's songwriting, McMurtry and I are both book lovers and in these over one hundred brief vignettes and thoughts I revel with him in descriptions of private collections, ultra-rare editions, bookstores, book careers like book scout, and more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...