Friday, September 13, 2013

Review: Street Player: My Chicago Story


Street Player: My Chicago Story
Street Player: My Chicago Story by Danny Seraphine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Danny really delivers in this autobiography: The tale of his rise from Chicago gang thug to accomplished professional drummer makes a fascinating first act that leads to the globe-trotting, arena-filling years of Chicago's rule (alongsinde Blood, Sweat & Tears) of a rock bnad with horns and a jazz bent. The tragedies and excess and eventual ousting lead to the most personal third act: Seraphine along and struggling to find himself personally and professionally.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...