Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War


Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War
Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War by Michael Isikoff

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



At times I would like to think malfeasance from high office might only be incompetence, but with Bush, "Scooter" Libby, and the gossip-y Dick Armitage it sures looks like incompetent malfeasance: attacks on Ambassador Wilson, faking claims of Iraqi bio-weapon trucks and Hussein yellow cake purchases were hopeless endeavors that that succeeded inspite of themselves. (The Nigerian documents, sold by a wanna-be freelance spy more dishonest than Curveball was so inaccurate it was akin to producing one stating Ronald Reagan, C-I-C of the CSA piped twleve billion gallons of nerve gas to terrorists in 2001.) Ah, if only it were a novel, than I couldn't believe it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...