Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: American Honor Killings: Desire and Rage Among Men


American Honor Killings: Desire and Rage Among Men
American Honor Killings: Desire and Rage Among Men by David McConnell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Hear my interview with the author on Podomatic.

McConnell takes from what would be called homosexual "hate crimes" or "gay panic" to an attempt to find how a distorted "honor" became the departure point to such violence. It seems an overt or possibly latent homosexuality is the commonality to the killers from the infamous Jenny Jones case which was a big deal up here in Michigan to John Katehis, part-time John, one-time killer. In the journey, McConnell admits to seeking "pure masculinity enraged". I am not sure if that is what he found, or if even he is, but I respect that in the annals of true crime assailed ("assay-led"?) the subject like an ardent researcher and truth-seeker.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...