Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review: WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services Developer’s Guide: Version 8.0.01


WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services Developer’s Guide: Version 8.0.01
WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services Developer’s Guide: Version 8.0.01 by Information Builders

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Coupled with a light introduction to RESTful Web Services and very complete examples, this is a good draft document. I’ve read the document and can see how we can use it for User Provisioning and get a start on Tenant Provisioning by creating the needed Groups, but to complete tenant provisioning I’d need to create their tenant-specific resource folders and apply all necessary rules. My guess is that can/will be done by one of the promised SaaS templates, perhaps one we customize. Then, I’d need a way to automate parameterized execution of a template, either through Web Services or some other means. This possibility or the possibility of extending the functionality is offered by RESTful W/S is not touched on by this Draft document.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...