Sunday, December 31, 2017

Review: My Word Is My Bond: A Memoir

My Word Is My Bond: A Memoir My Word Is My Bond: A Memoir by Roger Moore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Roger Moore died May 23, 2017 so it felt good to fit this in as my last completed read in 2017. I am not real fan of his acting or the Bond films; just a casual fan. I don't even know who my fave Bond portrayer is so I just enjoyed this as the octogenarian's career memoir that it is. It is very easy to read and very casual - salty and even crude at many points. It felt like opportunistically sitting next to him on a long transatlantic flight and getting a candid and jocular review of his many decades in The Saint, playing James Bond after Sean Connery, other TV and movie roles, and a globe-trotting career representing UNICEF after being introduced to the tole by a grateful Audrey Hepburn. Lots of medical issue arise; kidney stones and a pacemaker.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...