Monday, October 3, 2016

Review: Me Talk Pretty One Day

Me Talk Pretty One Day Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is great to hear Sedaris narrate this triumph of self-deprecating humor himself. Some of the autobiographical material, much of what covers the events leading to his move to Paris and life there, is from live reading before audiences, which is great. In my opinion, the best material is in the last third of the audiobook and is from those audience readings. The most hilarious bits come from some vignettes he reads from his diary which I am not certain would be in the printed version.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...