Sunday, July 10, 2016

Review: Billie Sol: King of Texas Wheeler-Dealers

Billie Sol: King of Texas Wheeler-Dealers Billie Sol: King of Texas Wheeler-Dealers by Pam Estes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Parts of this remind me in tone and feel to My Father's Daughter: A Memoir. These are both memoirs of daughters of powerful men recounting a tumultuous life. Pam's memoir covers Sol's two federal fraud convictions and sentences, both around financial shenanigans based on non-existent collateral. Possibly more interesting is the movements in the LBJ sphere and a cast of colorful characters that make this a footnote for the LBJ-killed-JFK conspiracy buffs.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...