Friday, May 1, 2015

Review: Accidental Playboy : Caught in the Ultimate Male Fantasy


Accidental Playboy : Caught in the Ultimate Male Fantasy
Accidental Playboy : Caught in the Ultimate Male Fantasy by Leif Ueland

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Part of what intrigued me was the setup here of this memoir of a wanna-be novelist riding the bus for the Playboy's Millennium Playmate search (ultimately chosen were Carol and Darlene Bernaola, Peruvian twins) as a daily poster for Playboy.com. Long ago, I was a stringer for MTV.com. Much less glamorous, but I am aware of what it meant then to be part of a minor Web site page of a much larger media empire. Despite running into content restrictions, little of that is here.

The author did parlay this opportunity into confronting his own anxieties, sexual hangups, and general insecurity and triumphing. That is, I think, the real story here and along the way there is explicit descriptions of world-class babes and detailed sexual encounters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...