Saturday, November 22, 2014

Review: Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon


Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon
Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keillor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Keillor impresses the hell out of with this creative, original word play and droll humour that seems to spring effortlessly, naturally, and eternally as resident historian and reported of Lake Woebegone. Parts of this reminds me of what I like most of [a:Tom Robbins|197|Tom Robbins|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1351102884p2/197.jpg]. Keillor, however, so constantly and continually spins ou tthe witticisms that at times it threatens to be tiring - I just have to set the book down for a bit and savor before I forget the impressions...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...