Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review: The Pro: Lessons About Golf and Life from My Father, Claude Harmon, Sr.


The Pro: Lessons About Golf and Life from My Father, Claude Harmon, Sr.
The Pro: Lessons About Golf and Life from My Father, Claude Harmon, Sr. by Butch Harmon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm not a fan of golf specifically or even sports in general, however parts of this biography of golf great Claude Harmon, Sr. by his son, a wise curmudgeon and great athlete, were very interesting to read. There are multiple threads to this story I found interesting:

1] Tiger Woods transitioning from college to pro under the tutelage of the author. (This book ends while Woods is till on top of the world.)

2] The author's world-class father caring for a family while building a career in the changing pro golf circuit

3] The author's opinion on other gold pros, like the much hyped Michelle Wei and people like Greg Norman. He talks about some personally (like Norman) and others more tehcnially, like Wei.

4] The father and later son woring with and for the king of Morocco.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...